The health and safety of our staff and the children entrusted to our care is our top priority. We are proud to maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness while maintaining a caring and nurturing environment where children can thrive.
- In our school we have implemented Air Scrubbers by Aerus – (air cleaning technology) to all of our HVAC units. Air molecules are oxidized and returned to the classroom to kill viruses that are airborne and on surfaces.The Air Scrubber by Aerus® utilizes 3 different technologies: ActivePure® to kill viruses, plus ionization to prevent dust, and ozone (optional) to eliminate odors. This will provide better air quality in the school during this Pandemic and will have lasting benefits in the health of our children here in our school going forward.
- We have our very own disinfecting Electrostatic Sprayer that we use on all our surfaces in our school. The Electrostatic Sprayer charges the chemicals that pass thru its front end system to kill viruses on all surfaces. The charged particles work in a 360 degree fashion, meaning they wrap around all surfaces to attack and kill any viruses.
- We have a professional cleaning crew that cleans our school every night. We also have a regular schedule when our rugs in the classrooms are deep cleaned.
- We have a toy sanitizing schedule, this is part of our normal operations. Toys sanitizing occurs daily.
- Frequent handwashing by children and staff, which is embedded in our curriculum and daily staff protocols.
- Daily laundering of crib sheets for infants; for older children, individual cots and blankets are provided for each child and laundered multiple times in a week.
- Ensuring appropriate teacher-student classroom ratios. Continuous health & safety training for our staff, including first aid and CPR certification
- We have detailed operating plans where we have identified 3 phases of operation. Each phase guides how we conduct our business from: cleaning & sanitizing, hand washing, daily cleaning, limited outside exposure of guests, drop off and pick up policy, updated sick policies, classroom management and limitations - and much, much more. This document is shared with our families.
- We have created our very own detailed COVID Operations Handbook. This is a 13 page document that we have put together that takes guidance from the local health departments and the CDC. This Handbook guides our operations during the Pandemic. This document is shared with our families.
- Children are not mixed with other children. When your child arrives they go to their classroom and when they leave they are still in that same classroom. There are no Opening or Closing classrooms during this time. This allows for limiting exposure to other children and allows for us to attempt to run your child’s classroom as a COHORT.
- The number of teachers your child will see will also be limited as we attempt to keep the same teachers in the classroom daily. We have eliminated Opening and Closing Teachers to limit the number teachers a child will see. No one is allowed into the classroom except the teachers scheduled to be in the room. This allows for limiting exposure to other children and allows for us to attempt to run your child’s classroom as a COHORT.
- All teachers and staff wear a mask in compliance with local Health Departments.
- No one is allowed into the school during the day, except for Teachers, Staff and Children. Parent drop off and pick up occur outside.- We strictly follow local health department guidelines in regards to our sick policy. Our detailed
sick policy is in line with local guidelines.
With a clear appreciation of the trust you place in us, we are committed to following the stringent Primrose health and safety protocols, and ensuring our school meets or exceeds the guidelines from local and state officials.