You and your child will have as much fun making this upcycled craft as you’ll have on the sightseeing adventures that follow. See instructions below or click here for a downloadable PDF.
- Paper towel roll (cut in half)
- Construction paper (cut to same length of roll)
- Scotch tape
- Put several lines of glue on one side of the construction paper.
- Line up the cardboard tube lengthwise with the shorter edge of construction paper. Hold paper steady and roll it slowly until the length covers the tube.
- Repeat the process above with a second toilet paper roll.
- Apply a line of glue at the paper’s end seam on each roll; press both seams together to create the binoculars’ base.
- Use tape to wrap around the top and bottom of binoculars for extra hold.
- Glue thin strips of bright paper over the tape.
- Go sightseeing!