Create a fun, eco-friendly haven for feathered friends by working together on this simple feeder. See instructions below or click here for a downloadable PDF.
- Half-gallon milk carton
- X-Acto or utility knife
- Acrylic paint and paintbrush
- Hole punch
- Twigs and buttons
- Wash out the empty milk carton and allow it to dry.
- PARENT STEP: Trace an opening (for birds to enter) on the side of the carton; use knife to cut it out.
- Decorate the outside of the feeder with paint.
- Glue twigs along the top of the carton to create a roof.
- Add buttons or other decorations on the exterior; secure items with glue.
- PARENT STEP: Use hole punch to make a hole below the feeder opening. Insert a longer twig and glue it at the interior backing to make a perch.
- Fill the carton with birdseed. Place the feeder in a safe area outside to attract birds.