Since the First Primrose school opened in 1982, the health and safety of children and staff has always been the priority. Each Primrose school is held to high standards of safety and cleanliness while maintaining a caring and nurturing environment where children can thrive.
Our COVID-19 response has been exemplary –flexible and adaptive to changing requirements, as we have been part of the Colorado Emergency Childcare Collaboration, taking care of the children of first responders and emergency workers. We are in constant and close contact with the guidance provided by the CDC and CDPHE, and by our nurse consultant from Children’s Hospital.
Limited Building Entry
- Pre-admission testing and contact tracing deployed.
- New touchless drop off and pick up procedures in the vestibule outside the school.
- Any children or staff with respiratory illness symptoms or fever required to return home and stay home until fever free for at least 24 hours.
- No one enters our building without passing a health check. • Only students and essential staff are permitted entry.
- Our tours are virtual.
- Pre-building entry health checks are undertaken, including temperatures for students and staff.
- Teachers trained on common signs of illness in children visual reminders are placed throughout the school and in every classroom to keep symptoms of illness top of mind.
- Staff and student temperatures are checked 3x during the day at present.
Healthy Hygienic Behavior
- Healthy hygienic behavior is practiced -frequent hand washing by children and staff, which is embedded in our curriculum and in daily staff protocols.
- Staff wear protective equipment –sanitized masks, gloves, Crocs and even scrubs and neck gaiters when necessary
- Explicit and comprehensive standards for children’s apparel, meals water bottles etc.
- Daily laundering of crib sheets for infants; for older children, individual cots and blankets are provided for each child and laundered weekly.
- Playground equipment limited in use to one classroom at a time and disinfected playground equipment before and after each use
- Social distancing is practiced in stable groups, movable partitions are used, napping children are separated.
Training and Planning
- Continuous health & safety training by Primrose is attended by the owners and staff, including first aid and CPR certification.
- An up-to-date and customized Safe School Plan is maintained and posted in all classrooms for easy teacher access –we also have a COVID Emergency Plan in place.
Cleaning, Disinfection and Sanitization
- Frequent cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing of high-touch toys, classroom equipment and surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectant at least twice a day by our own staff.
- Staff under takes the general cleaning of the classrooms and school with liquid Steramine, Liquid Sanitizer, and professional carpet and floor cleaners.
- Environmental sanitization is practiced –we have installed:
o Honeywell Air-Purifiers.
o Hospital grade disinfection foggers.
o Portable UV Sterilizers.
o Zonotech Disinfecting and Sanitizing Cabinets.
o UVAirx Air Purifiers.