Drop Off & Pick Up Policies
- Front vestibule drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Social distancing etiquette (6-foot markers on sidewalk outside of vestibule)
- Daily Temperature checks using an infrared thermometer for children by our staff while wearing masks prior to entering the school.
- The front hallway vestibule is now set up to have a one-way entry and exit.
- iPad is set up with a “Touch-Less” clock in feature (scan the QR code located on your Parent Procare App)
- Completing a digital daily health questionnaire with honest and accurate information when your QR code is scanned. The questions are as follows (yes or no answers):
- Recent travel or upcoming travel for anyone in your household?
- Close contact with a person diagnosed/ under investigation with coronavirus disease?
- Coughing/ Congestion?
- Sore Throat?
- Shortness of Breath?
- Fever of 100.4 or greater in the last 48 hours?
- Has your child taken any fever reducing or pain medication in the last 36 hours?
We will exclude anyone who answers YES.
- There is hand sanitizer located in the vestibule for parent use. The children will wash their hands immediately as they enter their classroom.
“Throughout the School” Policies:
- Weekly cleaning, disinfection and sanitation of our entire building (includes all furniture, toys, equipment and fixtures) with an EPA registered product (Green Klean®) along with an electrostatic spraying technology.
- Cleaning and sanitization of the building including all floors and surfaces by a professional cleaning crew at the end of each day.
- We recommend that our teachers wear face masks when feasible. (We provide information on proper use, removal and sanitizing of face masks)
- We will encourage our summer camp children to wear face masks, if it is determined that they can reliably wear, remove and handle masks following the CDC guidelines.
- Temperature checks twice a day (At drop off and around noon)
- All toys sanitized daily.
- Sensory play activities are suspended.
- Full hand washing/hand wiping assistance from teachers: As soon as a child enters a classroom, after diapering, after touching their nose or mouth or trash, before and after meals and after outside play.
- Using sanitizing wipes to clean bottles, bottle bags and any food containers brought into the infant classrooms.
- Weekly laundering of cot sheets, blankets and lovies. Daily for infant classrooms. (no blankets/lovies going back and forth from home to school)
- Soft toys that are machine washable will be washed often (daily in the infant room)
- Water fountains are currently NOT available for use.
- Virtual tours: Newly enrolled parents who request to see a classroom and agree to wear a mask, will be allowed a one-time entry into the building to see where their child will be and to meet their teacher. They will not be allowed to touch any surfaces while in the building.
ADDITIONAL Illness Policy:
If any child or staff member is sent home to seek medical attention, the individual will not be allowed to return until they meet the following requirements:
- A doctor’s note that must include ALL the following:
- Official letterhead (Including contact information of the clinic/facility)
- Child or staff members name & date of birth
- The date they were seen
- If they were required to be tested for COVID 19
- The date on which the staff or child may return to work or school
- Name and signature of the attending physician
- If a child or staff member is required to be tested for any contagious illness (e.g. coronavirus, flu, strep, etc.) the school will require negative test results before they will be allowed to return.
- If we send a child or staff member home due to illness, we will deep clean and sanitize the classroom they were currently occupying
For School Age Summer Camp:
- Limited to only 12 children to help reduce the number of bodies in the room. Typically, we accommodate 25 children.
- Buses will be sanitized with hospital grade disinfectant daily.
- Children will be required to wear masks on the buses when going on the field trips.
- Staff will always carry hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes for use throughout the duration of field trips. (To be used on, door handles, children's hands, surfaces and equipment as an additional safety precaution).
- Ensure that any field trips are conducted with our children as an intact group.
- Require each inhouse vendor/field trip site to share the health and safety practices with us before we decide on participating.
All the above items will be closely monitored, and we will continue to keep you informed if we make any additional changes.