Here are the ways you can expect to receive feedback on your child’s growth throughout the year:
- Teachers regularly observe children and will share anecdotal notes with you periodically through a Happy Gram communication and in the daily reports you receive in Procare.
- As children practice new skills, teachers will maintain a portfolio of their work to showcase how your child is progressing on a variety of key learning skills.
- In our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs, children’s literacy and numeracy skills will be assessed three times per year using Star Early Literacy, a short, standardized assessment.
- Infant – Preschool-aged children will be screened three times per year using the Ages and Stages Questionnaires®, a nationally recognized developmental screener. You will receive an email invitation to also screen your child to assess how he or she is doing at meeting key developmental milestones.
- Children of all ages will be screened three times per year using the Ages and Stages Questionnaires®: Social-Emotional, which specifically measures children’s social and emotional behavior. You will also be invited via email to complete this assessment on how your child is developing in seven key areas related to social-emotional behavior.