This quick and easy one-eyed jack (a.k.a. egg in a basket) is the perfect breakfast for busy mornings – and one of our favorite easy meals for picky eaters! Try cutting different shapes into the toast to add a personal touch to this classic breakfast.
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread
- Vegetable oil
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Crack an egg in the pan so that the egg white and egg yolk are in the hole in the center of the bread.
- Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut a circle (or other shape) out of the middle of a slice of bread and place it in an oiled pan.
- Turn the stove on low heat.
- Let cook until egg white is no longer clear, then flip the egg and bread.
Hungry for more easy recipes for breakfast? Check out our dairy-free tropical smoothie snacktivity for another healthy breakfast option!
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School