Keep rumbling stomachs satisfied — and learn about counting and measurement together — with this simple recipe that travels well as an outdoor treat.
Add an extra cup of your child’s favorite dry snack food if the mood strikes.
- 2 cups low-sugar, whole-grain cereal (mix 2 cereals if you like)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried fruit, such as apricots, mangoes or strawberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup pretzels or Goldfish crackers
- Measure each ingredient and add into a mixing bowl.
- Gently stir items together with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Use clean hands or a scoop to divide the contents into plastic baggies or airtight containers.
- Go on a hike or a picnic to enjoy the snack together.