Making s’mores over a fire is an easy warm-weather activity perfect for families. You can substitute healthier ingredients for a guilt-free version that your kids will still love! Use whole-grain graham crackers as a source of fiber and dark chocolate to provide antioxidants. This snacktivity is recommended for children 3 years and older.
- Whole-grain graham crackers
- Dark chocolate
- Banana slices (optional)
- OPTIONAL PARENT STEP: Cut a banana into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place a piece of dark chocolate and the optional banana slice onto a whole-grain graham cracker.
- PARENT STEP: Skewer marshmallows on sticks or skewers.
- Hold the marshmallows over a flame until cooked to satisfaction. Be careful not to let them cook too long!
- PARENT STEP: Take the roasted marshmallow and sandwich it between the prepared graham cracker and another graham cracker.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
For more summer snackspiration, consider these easy and delicious options: