This kid-friendly science experiment is perfect for a hot summer day! Your child will enjoy engaging in sensory play with these magical, fizzing ice cubes.
- Baking soda (chilled)
- Ice cube trays
- Food coloring
- Fill an ice cube tray with vinegar.
- Add a few drops of food coloring. (Liquid watercolors are a great substitute if your child is sensitive to food dyes or if you’re worried about stains!)
- Place the ice cube tray in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- Sprinkle chilled baking soda over the surface of a sink basin or large tray or bowl. Add a thin layer of water.
- Add your magic ice cubes and let the fizzing begin! (Tip: Add extra vinegar to speed up the fizzing reaction.)
Is your little scientist ready for more experiments? Check out our other Science Fun videos!
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School