Turn a popular fruit candy into at-home science experiment with this fun science activity for kids! By combining just a few common cooking ingredients with gummy worms, you can make the worms “dance” in a glass.
- Two transparent cups
- Gummy worms
- Baking soda
- Parent step: Cut the gummy worms in half (lengthwise).
- Fill a cup 3/4 full with water.
- Add 2-3 spoonfuls of baking soda and stir.
- Add worms and let them soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Fill a transparent cup with vinegar.
- Drop in the worms and watch what happens!
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School