We know that when you leave your child in someone else’s care, their safety is always top of mind. That’s why we’re committed to the health, safety and security of every student at a Primrose school.
At Primrose, schools do more than simply practice important safety drills – each location has a Safe School Plan which outlines processes and procedures for managing a variety of emergency situations.
Here are a few important things you should know about our Safe School Plan:
- School Structure and Design: We think about emergency preparedness in the initial construction of the schools. Classrooms, playgrounds, offices and other rooms are specifically designed to help protect students and staff in case of an emergency.
- Staff and Teacher Training: All Primrose school team members are CPR and First-aid certified and must complete safety training courses and drills before working in a Primrose classroom. School staff also participate in ongoing safety training.
- School Emergency Response Team: A School Emergency Response Team at each school evaluates, responds to and facilitates each emergency drill and other safety procedures. These teams also ensure their schools have disaster supply kits on hand and regularly conduct risk assessments.
- Safety Protocols for Different Scenarios: Our Safe School Plan has comprehensive protocols in place for several different emergency scenarios, including lockdowns, weather threats, fires and medical emergencies, among others. All plans, which include detailed notes about evacuation routes and fire extinguisher locations for the specific school, are shared with local emergency responders. Each school also creates its own communication plan for how families and others are communicated to in the event of an emergency.
- Regular Safety Drills: Practice exercises for different emergencies, including various evacuation situations, are conducted regularly so team members and students know what to expect and where to go in case of an emergency.
- Reunification and Recovery Plans: Each school has an organized plan for reuniting children with their families following an emergency situation. In addition, a recovery plan is in place in case the school must temporarily close as a result of damage, floods, etc. As a result, Primrose schools are better prepared to re-establish regular business and daily routines for children and families after a disaster.
- Enhanced Procedures as Needed: Like with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, schools may implement enhanced procedures to limit the spread of contagious illnesses and will frequently communicate with families and team members to convey the enhanced measures in place within their school. Reach out to your local school to learn about any enhanced procedures they may have implemented recently.
- Continuous Updates: Primrose schools update the Safe School Plan annually to help ensure all students are protected and all school team members are prepared for any emergency.
Our dedication to the health, safety and security of Primrose students is unyielding. Primrose Schools Franchise Owners are committed to following Primrose’s stringent health and safety requirements as well as to meeting (or exceeding) the guidelines from local and state officials. We encourage you to take a tour of your local Primrose school to learn more.
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School