We know that when you leave your child in someone else’s care, his safety is always top of mind. That’s why we’re committed to the health, safety and security of every student in our care.
At Primrose, we do more than simply practice important safety drills – we have a Safe School Plan in each of our locations which outlines processes and procedures for managing a variety of emergency situations.
Here are a few important things you should know about our Safe School Plan:
- School Structure and Design: We think about emergency preparedness in the initial construction of our schools. Classrooms, offices and other rooms are specifically designed to protect students and staff in case of an emergency.
- Staff and Teacher Training: All Primrose staff are CPR certified and complete safety training courses and drills before working in a Primrose classroom. School staff also participate in ongoing safety training.
- School Emergency Response Team: A School Emergency Response Team at each school evaluates and responds to emergency drills and other safety procedures. These teams also ensure their schools have disaster supplies kits on hand and regularly conduct risk assessments .
- Safety Protocols for Different Scenarios: Our Safe School Plan has comprehensive protocols in place for several different emergency scenarios, including lockdowns, weather threats, fires and medical emergencies, among others. All plans, which include detailed notes about evacuation routes and fire extinguisher locations, are shared with local emergency responders. Each school also creates its own communication plan for how it will contact parents and others in the event of an emergency.
- Regular Safety Drills: Practice exercises for different emergencies, including various evacuation situations, are conducted regularly so staff and students know what to expect and where to go in case of an emergency.
- Reunification and Recovery Plans: Each school has an organized plan for reuniting children with their families following an emergency situation. In addition, a recovery plan is in place in case the school must temporarily close as a result of damages, floods, etc. As a result, Primrose schools are able to re-establish regular business and daily routines for children soon after a disaster.
- Continuous Updates: We continuously update the Safe School Plan to ensure all students are fully protected and all staff are prepared for any emergency. Our schools also follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention protocol for contagious diseases and update these protocols as needed.
We also work with our national charitable partner, Save the Children®, to help better prepare families for emergencies. Learn more using our Get Ready. Get Safe. series and tips for keeping your family prepared.
Our dedication to the health, safety and security of Primrose students is unyielding. We are proud of our Safe School Plan and encourage you to take a tour of your local Primrose school to learn why you should trust us to teach and care for your child.