Cold weather calls for warm comfort food. Hearty dishes, soups and stews are often in my kitchen during the winter months. There are lots of great recipes in my family’s winter menu plans that include seasonal fruits and vegetables. There is a surprising amount of fresh produce available during winter months, including citrus fruits, pomegranates, butternut squash and kale.
Here are some of my favorite family-friendly winter recipes to warm our kitchens and our bellies:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup: >>click here
- Butternut Squash Pancakes: >>click here
- Corn, Peas and Chicken Chowder: >>click here
- Turkey Lasagna Mexicana: >>click here
- Lentil and Brown Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash: >>click here
- Garden Mushroom and Beef Meatloaf: >>click here
- Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate Seeds: >>click here
- Kale Salad with Pomegranates, Pears and Avocado: >>click here
Looking for more winter recipes your kids will love? Try these seven crockpot recipes!
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School