This Thanksgiving, help your children show gratitude in a tangible way (and practice their motor and literacy skills!).
- A clear jar or container
- Small slips of paper
- Children’s scissors
- Crayon or pencil
- A label for the jar
- Optional: decorations for the jar (E.g. stickers, ribbons, etc.)
- Parent step: Help your child cut paper into strips or small squares. (Tip: use construction paper to make the jar colorful!)
- Use a crayon or pencil to help your child write something they’re thankful for on each piece of paper. Fold up the pieces and place in jar.
- Label the jar and help your child decorate it.
- Share what you’re thankful for! Read through the pieces of paper with family members throughout the holiday season.
Looking for more kid-friendly, Thanksgiving activities? Check out more ideas here!
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School