Summer is in full swing! Want to fill warm days with family fun? We’ve created your complete guide for the summer:
- Go camping at home: Taking your toddler or preschooler camping in the great outdoors may seem overwhelming, so bring the fun indoors with a huge blanket fort! Make s’mores and tell campfire stories by flashlight in the comfort of your living room.
- Cool down with a sweet treat: This healthy watermelon smoothie or these easy, fruity popsicles will help you cool down on a hot day. These recipes are so simple, your little one can help make them while practicing motor and measuring skills!
- Stay cool indoors: Summer storms and blistering temperatures may keep your little one indoors, but these fun activities will keep your child entertained without screen time!
- Go to the beach: The beach offers much more than waves and sand. Check out our list of 10 great activities that turn the beach into a playground for the whole family.
- Have fun in the pool: If you don’t live near the beach, a swimming pool is also a great way to stay active in the heat – and learning how to swim is an important milestone! Make sure your little one is ready to swim and safe while at the pool.
- Visit the farmers market: Encourage healthy habits by visiting a local farmers market! Even the pickiest eater will enjoy helping select produce for dinner – it can also help them get more excited about vegetables!
- Be careful in the sun: Spending time outside is important, but make sure your child’s skin is safe! Remember to use safe sun practices to avoid damaging UV rays.
Need more ideas for summer fun? Make this summer bucket list together for even more adventures.