This DIY lava lamp makes it easy for your child to understand the density of different liquids. Find out which secret ingredient puts everything in motion!
- Clear bottle
- Vegetable oil
- Food coloring
- Effervescent tablet
- Fill a bottle 1/4 full with water.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with vegetable oil.
- Let sit until the oil and water separate.
- Add a dozen drops of food coloring, and make sure they mix with the water.
- Cut up an effervescent tablet.
- Drop a piece of the effervescent tablet into the bottle. Add more to keep the fun going!
If you enjoyed this fun craft, check out more science activities for kids.
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School