Looking for a fun indoor activity for kids? This DIY bowling game is the perfect way to keep little ones active inside while also engaging their creativity! You can quickly and easily create this popular kids game using just a few common household items.
- 5 Paper towel rolls cut in half (parent step) or empty plastic bottles
- Construction paper
- Markers and/or Stickers
- Small ball (could be a tennis ball, foam ball or bouncy ball)
- Collect 5 empty paper towel rolls or empty plastic bottles to use as “bowling pins.”
- Parent Step: if using paper towel rolls, cut each one in half.
- Cut sheets of construction paper so they cover the roll or plastic bottle.
- Use markers and/or stickers to decorate each piece of paper, and use tape to secure the paper in place on the cardboard roll or plastic bottle.
- Find a long, flat surface (like a hallway) to use as a bowling lane.
- At one on end of the lane, arrange the pins in a triangle formation.
- On the opposite end of the lane, make a line with tape.
- Take turns standing on the tape line and rolling a small ball toward the pins. Once you and your child have knocked down all of the pins, set them up and start over!
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School