Your child will have a blast mixing and swirling various colors to create his own marbled milk paper in this easy at-home science activity for kids. This fun STEAM project is a perfect way for children of all ages to explore science and art!
- Clear baking dish (9×13 or similar)
- Water or Milk
- Food coloring
- Liquid dish soap
- Toothpick, pencil or eating utensil
- Watercolor paper
- Pour a thin layer of water or milk into a clear baking dish.
- Add a few drops of various colors of food coloring.
- Add a few drops of liquid dish soap.
- Use a toothpick (or eating utensil) to stir the water or milk.
- As the colors mix together, ask your child questions about colors. (i.e., “We added red and blue drops to the milk. What happens when red and blue come together? What else is purple?”)
- Lay a sheet of watercolor paper on top of the water and press gently.
- Lift the sheet of paper, flip it over so colors are facing up and lay flat to dry.