It’s the time of year when it’s fun to open the mail — it’s time for giving and receiving holiday cards! What better way to send love and cheer to family and friends than with a homemade card created by your little one?
This do-it-yourself craft project is easy and guaranteed to warm hearts.
See the directions below:
- Potatoes (Idaho or red potatoes work especially well; Granny Smith apples, squash or other firm fruits or vegetables will also work)
- Carving tool (e.g., a kitchen knife)
- Washable paint
- Sponge paintbrush
- Construction paper
- Washable markers
- PARENT STEP: Slice the potato in half, then carve out the festive design.
- Let your child paint the potato as he or she wishes.
- Stamp the potato onto the paper.
- Continue steps 2-3 until you’re both satisfied with the design.
- Let your child use markers to expand on the stamped details (e.g., ornament hooks if the stamps are meant to be tree ornaments).
- Let the designs dry.
- Fold the paper in half, then let your child help you write a heartfelt message from the family on the inside.
- Have your little one sign the card the best he or she can!
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School