Between the ages of 3 and 5, children reach several major milestones that are key for social-emotional and physical development. Here are a few resources to help you as you give your child the best start possible:
- Starting Daycare: Making the move to daycare is a big step – both for children and their parents! We have tips for finding the best childcare for your little one and adjusting to this new way of life.
- Developing Language Skills: Storytime provides a great opportunity to foster language development in your child while enhancing memory and listening skills in addition to promoting personal expression.
- Learning to Write: Despite the increased use of technology, writing letters by hand is essential for brain development and is also an extremely important fine motor skill, especially as children develop their reading skills. See how Primrose students use writing letters to help children across the country!
- Engaging in Household Chores: Assigning age-appropriate valuable jobs and responsibilities around the house helps build character and contributes to a healthy sense of routine.
- Riding a Bike: Learning how to ride a bike is a big step and can help lay the foundation for a lifetime of physical activity. But when is the right time for your child to learn and how can you help?
- Swimming: Swimming is a great form of exercise. But, like other physical activities for young children, many parents often wonder, “When should my child begin taking swim lessons?”
- Playing an Instrument: There’s significant value in exposing children to musical sounds and activities when they are young – and we have easy ways for parents to help guide their child’s musical journey.
- Joining Extracurriculars: Joining an activity or taking lessons is an exciting milestone for children. However, it’s important not to overwhelm your child with too many activities. We have tips to help you create a balanced schedule for your young child.
Celebrating each of these milestones will help build confidence in your little one. Support your child and show him just how much you love and support him each step of the way!
Find a Primrose School Near You
Inspire a lifelong love of learning. Contact your local Primrose to schedule a tour.Find A School