Position: Lead Teacher
• Must meet basic NJ state requirements.
• Ability to relate positively with young children.
• Previous teaching or assistant teaching position with a public or private school system, a quality preschool, child care center or church nursery is preferred.
• Four-Year Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education or a related field
• Knowledge as a parent or in previous work experience of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
• Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a class of children.
• Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
• Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials.
• Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
• Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children.
• Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class.
• Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
• Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
• Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom activities.
• Maintains professional attitude and work behavior.
• Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director.
• Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director.
• Observes all rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
• Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the training manual.
Reports directly to the management team